The Campaign Flow shows visitor traffic sources and destinations for a user-specified URL.
Campaign Flow Elements
||The URL dialog appears when you start Campaign Flow, and when you mouse over the page thumbnail.Enter a URL and click Go to see the thumbnail of that page.
Note: The URL requires the full domain, for example www.webtrends.com.
Click the thumbnail or the URL above it to open the URL dialog.
||The boxes on the left side of the page show an ordered list of percentages or counts of traffic sources for the page. Click a traffic source number to toggle between the count and percentage for that source, or double-click to toggle between count and percentage for all traffic sources.Traffic comes to a page one of these ways:
- Organic Search
- Through a standard search engine query that was not part of any campaign or paid search.
- Paid Search
- Through a search query generated as part of an ad that appeared on the search engine results page.
- Social Referrer
- Through a link from an established social media network site.
- Through a link from another non-social website.
- Through a link associated with a particular campaign being tracked by a Webtrends data collection tag.
- Without a referral, as when a user types a URL or follows a bookmark.
- Through links from a source that doesn’t meet any of the above criteria (usually from another page on the site).
Note: These sources are specified by the visualization and cannot be overridden.
||If a traffic source has a top-five list of terms, campaign IDs, and URLs associated with it, you can click the traffic source heading to view its top-five list.
||The boxes on the right side of the page show the top n pages viewed whose referrer is the page requested (shown in the middle of the visualization). These top n pages are automatically sorted by volume of traffic streaming in per page. You can configure these boxes to show a different top n, such as content groups (data.wt.cg_n).
Customizing the Top n Boxes
You can create a top n list of your choice by specifying parameters and values in the URL string. For example, to create a top n list based on Content Group name, use the key1 parameter to specify content groups (data.wt.cg_n). To change the variable used for the text adjacent to the box, use the key2 parameter.
- Top n Boxes
- URL Parameters: key1, key2
Default Connection Details for Campaign Flow Data
- Stream Type
- select data.cs-referer, data.cs-host, data.cs-uri-stem, data.wt.ti, data.wt.mc_id, data.wt.vt_f_s, ext.search.phrase, ext.source.type
- JSON Connection Object
“access_token” : “your_token”,
“stream_type” : “campaigns”,
“api_version” : “2.0”,
“schema_version” : “2.0”,
“query” : “select data.cs-referer,data.cs-host,data.cs-uri-stem,data.wt.ti,data.wt.mc_id,data.wt.vt_f_s,ext.search.phrase,ext.source.type
where data.cs-host = ‘your_URL’ AND data.cs-uri-stem LIKE ‘*/’
or data.cs-referer LIKE ‘http*//your_URL/’”,
“command” : “stream”