To create a test, you will:
- Choose one or more URLs.
- Add conversion events, variations and audience segments.
- Preview, edit and launch the test.
1: Choose one or more URLs
- If necessary, navigate to the Dashboard by clicking .
- Click and select Test.
- Choose or enter one or more test URLs. You can also use regular expressions (“RegEx”). Webtrends Optimize® can resolve any URL that would resolve in a typical browser window to a site. Local URLs (such as a staging website) or filenames will not resolve. NOTE: If you see the message “The Webtrends tag was not detected at this url“, please see Before You Use Webtrends Optimize.
- About Projects: If you add a new URL (one that’s not in the list), you’re asked to create a new project for this test. Projects are a way of organizing related tests, targets and conversion events. Tests and targets are always associated with a project.
- Click Next. Webtrends Optimize builds the page (or a representative page if you selected multiple URLs).
2: Add conversion events, variations and audience segments
- Click Conversion Events. You can choose an existing event, or click Add Conversion Event to create a click or page load event:
- If you selected click event: Select a page element. As you move your cursor around the page, you’ll see elements highlighted with a box; choose an element and click Track as Conversion Event.
- If you selected page load event: Enter a URL in the entry field at top.
- Give the conversion event a meaningful name, then click Save. Webtrends Optimize creates a “control” variation containing the element’s existing content.
- Click Variations > Add Variation to create a variation. Click an element on the page, then choose options from the popup menu to create the variation. NOTE: You can’t choose
iframeelements, or elements that are in use in a different project. Elements in use within the current project can be used by multiple tests/targets.
- Click Audience to select an audience. You can choose an existing audience segment, or click New Segment to create custom segments.
- Give the variation a name, then click Save. Repeat steps 4, 5 and 6 each variation you want to create.
- Give the test a name in the Name field at upper right, then click Save Test.
3: Preview, edit and launch
After saving the test, you’ll see the Staging Summary page for your test. Your test is now in Staging, where you may run it, edit it, or share preview links of each variation. Your test is also visible on the Dashboard.To run your test, click . To edit your test, click . To preview a test variation, click its name in the Variations Preview Links list. You can also share these links with anybody you choose.