To create a target, you will:
- Choose one or more URLs.
- Add conversion events, rules and audience segments.
- Preview, edit and launch the target.
1: Choose one or more URLs
- If necessary, navigate to the Dashboard by clicking .
- Click and select Target.
- Choose or enter one or more target URLs. You can also use regular expressions (“RegEx”). Webtrends Optimize® can resolve any URL that would resolve in a typical browser window to a site. Local URLs or filenames will not resolve. NOTE: If you see the message “The Webtrends tag was not detected at this url“, please see Before You Use Webtrends Optimize.
- About Projects: If you add a new URL (one that’s not in the list), you’re asked to create a new project for this target. Projects are a way of organizing related targets, tests and conversion events. Tests and targets are always associated with a project.
- Click Next. Webtrends Optimize builds the page (or a proxy page if you selected multiple URLs).
2: Add conversion events, rules and audience segments
- Click Conversion Events. You can choose an existing event, or click Add Conversion Event to create a custom click or page load event.
- Select a page element. As you move your cursor around the page, you’ll see elements highlighted with a box; choose an element and click Track as Conversion Event.
- Give the conversion event a meaningful name, then click Save. Webtrends Optimize creates a “control” variation containing the element’s existing content.
- Click Rules > New Rule to create a rule. Click an element on the page, then choose options from the popup menu to create the rule.
- Click Audience to select an audience segment for the rule. You can choose an existing audience segment, or click New Segment to create custom segments.
- Give the rule a name, then click Save. Repeat steps 4, 5 and 6 each variation you want to create.
- (Optional) Click Audience to further refine the audience segment. For example, if you created multiple rules for different segments of mobile users (iOS, Android, etc.), you could select an audience of “London” to target only London audiences who also fit the rule segments.
- (Optional) Click the icon to set Advanced options for controlling who sees the target.
- Give the target a name in the Name field at upper right, then click Save Target.
3: Preview, edit and launch
After saving the target, you’ll see the Staging Summary page for your target. Your target is now in Staging, where you may run it, edit it, or share preview links of each variation. Your target is also visible on the Dashboard.To run your target, click . To edit your target, click . To preview a target variation, click its name in the Variations Preview Links list. You can also share these links with anybody you choose.