What Are Views?
Views are customized displays of data you see in the main Explore window. You create views by first selecting a dimension, segments, and measures.
Creating New Views
To create a new view:
- If necessary, login to Explore.
- On the Explore home page, click Create a New View.
- Select a date range, then add dimensions, segments and measures from the drop-down lists.
- Click Go. Explore creates and displays your view in a few seconds.
Views are not saved by default–they only last until you navigate away from a view. You must save a view if you want to reuse it later.
Saving and Sharing Views
Saving views allows you to use them later. Saving and sharing views is a good way to share important insights with other members of your organization.The Save option is not available unless you have made changes to the current view and have permissions to save changes. You always have permissions to use Save As.
To save a view:
- While displaying a view, click Save in the upper right. If you would like to save a copy of the view, click Save As. If this is a new (or unsaved) view, do the following:
- Give your view an easy-to-understand title.
- Select the Public or Private view library. Private means only you can see the view; Public views can be seen by any logged in user. If you want to share your views with others, select Public.
- Click Save. The view name appears in the upper left of the view window, and will also appear in the view list on the main Explore page.
Sharing Private Views
Public views are always shared with other users. You can share private views by making them public.
To make a view public and share it with others:
- Click a segment name in the segment list at upper left.
- In the Edit Segment window, select Public Library from the Add To dropdown list.