To apply a segment directly within a dimension, see Applying a Quick Segment in a View.To create a segment:
- Click New Segment.
- Select the scope (Sessions, Events, or Users), and select and describe a dimension. In the example below, we’ve selected Tablet and Mobile Phone as the values for the Device Type dimension.
- Give the segment a meaningful name and a brief description.
- Select where to save the segment:
- This view only: Saved only while the view is in use. The segment is lost when you close or navigate away from the current view.
- My library (Private library): Viewable only by you. You can use these segments in other views.
- Public Library: Visible to all users. This option is not visible if you do not have proper access rights.
- Click Save. Once a segment is created, you can drag and drop it into the current view.