When viewing Parameters in Account Settings, you can view a list of all the parameters collected for your account across all your data sources, also known as DCSIDs.
As you modify your Webtrends tag or SDK to collect data for new custom parameters, these new parameters also populate the Parameters UI. The following text describes how these new parameters are detected and made available for use in Webtrends applications, including Webtrends Explore.
How are new parameters detected?
A process runs every Sunday at 12:00AM GMT (4:00PM PST Saturday) that scans all data collected across the entire 24-hour period (GMT) of the previous Wednesday. This identifies all new parameters receiving data. The list of unique parameters for your account is updated in a database, and then these new parameters are visible in the Parameters UI.
- If your data collection is updated to include a new custom parameter on Tuesday (GMT), the parameter and its values begin collecting from that time forward.
- Starting on Sunday at 12:00AM (GMT), this process runs, scans all parameters collected on the previous Wednesday, and identifies the new parameter.
- The new parameter is then visible in the Parameters UI.
- If your data collection is updated with new custom parameters on Thursday (GMT), these parameters are identified on the Sunday scan that takes place a week and a half later.
- The new parameter must be collected on Wednesday (GMT) to be included in Sunday’s process.