Using Account Settings, you can:
- Add and remove users
- Define user privileges for Webtrends applications and data
- Manage query parameters
- Register Streams client applications
How it Works
- A Role is a set of rights for a specific application. Each application (Explore, Optimize, etc.) has its own set of rights.
- Data Permissions are special filters on what data users can see–for example, data about specific geographic locations or domains.
- A Group can associate roles and data permissions to users.
- Parameters are terms used to query and display data. In Account Settings, you can give these parameters user-friendly names and customize how they are displayed.
- Client Apps are applications that use the Streams API to access and display Streams data.
When managing users, you typically follow this process:
After you have established roles, groups, data permissions, and some users, you will use Account Settings to modify them whenever necessary to suit your business needs.